CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Peanut butter Balls

These were always a hit when I made them.  Bill's cook at Triangle always made these and Butter Creams for special occasions at the fraternity (Christmas and Mother's Weekend).  I loved helping her make these! Later on, I realized they are Buckeyes- but that's not a term we used at Purdue!!!

Ingredients
  • 1 stick margarine or butter
  • 1 box powdered sugar
  • 2 c peanut butter, creamy or crunchy- your choice
  • 3 c Rice Krispies
  • 1  pkg chocolate bark (The original recipe had you dip these in 1 large Hershey Bar, 6 oz. chocolate chips, and 1/2 stick of parafin, but bark is so much easier!)
Directions
  1. Mix margarine, powdered sugar, peanut butter and cereal. 
  2. Shape into balls.
  3. Chill. (the chocolate sticks to them better if they are very chilled.  I usually freeze them overnight.)
  4. Later... melt the chocolate bark and dip the balls into it.

1 comment:

  1. Buckeyes! My favorite is when you add the rice krispies inside.

    ReplyDelete