CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 30, 2010

Chocolate Chex Caramel Bites

This is a recipe that gets rave reviews whenever I make it.

Ingredients
  • 3/4 c packed brown sugar
  • 6 T butter or margarine
  • 3 T corn syrup
  • 1/4 t baking soda
  • 8 c Chocolate Chex Cereal (I have a hard time finding this, but Honey Nut Chex can be used)
  • 1/4 c white vanilla chips or 4-6 squares of white vanilla bark (That's what I use)
  • 1T shortening, optional
Directions
  1. Line 2 cookie sheets with waxed paper.
  2. In large microwavable bowl, mix brown sugar, butter and corn syrup.
  3. Microwave, uncovered, on High 1-2 minutes, stirring after first minute, until melted and smooth.
  4. Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
  5. Stir in cereal.
  6. Microwave on High for 3 minutes, stirring every minute.
  7. Spread on cookie sheets.  Cool.
  8. Break into bitesize pieces.
  9. In the meantime, melt the white chocolate, uncovered, on High for 1 minute 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth.  You can add 1T shortening at this time to make it more pourable.
  10. Drizzle it over the cereal mix. 
  11. Refrigerate, if necessary.




1 comment:

  1. You know I like this and it goes over SO well with everyone!

    ReplyDelete